To order the DVD Edition of this program, Click Here
My original F3 Building Clinic, which came out in 2005, has been one of the best-selling r/c soaring instructional videos of all time. While this video is still relevant, time and technology and marches on. Our gliders have evolved to insane performance levels, the electronic gear available is amazing, and my personal glider building skills have reached a new level. The new F3X Building Clinic training video will help you update your modeling skills bringing you up to speed on the latest assembly techniques, radio technology, power systems and other technologies current to 2015 and beyond.
In this highly detaiIed 2.6 hour video I build a NAN Xplorer 2.5 F3J glider to exacting standards using the latest High Voltage MKS coreless and brushless servos, bearing support frames, a high capacity custom Li-ion battery pack and a custom light-weight wiring harness. You will learn all of the vital steps and skills required to do a pristine and professional build of any modern glider kit for maximum performance and reliability.
You'll also learn proper soldering techniques with acid-free materials, learn how to use a HV-rated servo driver to speed up servo installations, and how to build a 2S battery pack with the new high capacity Li-ion cells which I will be installing in the X2. I also teach you how to build a minimal weight wire harness and how to make your own servo connectors with pins and crimp tool.
For the wing servos I'm using some new bearing support frames and I show you how to assemble and install them so you get the right pushrod geometry. I also show you how to position the flap servos for the best mechanical advantage and total throws so you can maximize your landing flap angles. The MKS 6255 brushless flap servos are quiet and massivley strong and with our frame set up, they will not 'blow back' under heavy launch camber loads.
For the fuselage, I show you how to optimize the elevator system so you get all of the available resolution out of the servo and how to get the pushrods at the proper angles. I make a custom carbon servo tray and offset the servos to get that perfect pushrod angle while running the clevis on the inside of the servo horns. To finish the cockpit, I show you how to install a Zepsus magnetic switch, clean up the wiring and install the 2.4 antennas in the right positions. After some radio programming and pre-flighting, its off to the field for some range tests and first test flights.
Even veteran builders will learn some new tricks and for those of you new to plane building, this training video will keep you from making a lot of rookie mistakes that could cost you your model. Thanks to our sponsors soaringusa.com and mksservosusa.com for helping make this program possible.
If you really want to learn all you can about building, maintaining, and optimizing your gliders, I highly recommend getting the Glider Tech Lab to go along with the F3X Clinic. You can now order the Pro Builders Set with both of these highly detailed educational videos together at over a 20% off discount. Click here to order the Pro Builders Set Download edition.
• Detailed NAN Xplorer X2-X3 Assembly • High-Voltage Power System Design • Flap Assembly Techniques • 2.4 Receiver Installs • Light-Weight Wiring Techniques • Panasonic Li-Ion Battery Pack Build Clinic • Advanced Soldering Tutorial • Magnetic Switch Installs • Radio Set Up • And A Whole Heap More
Just add this item to your online cart or you can order by calling our toll free line, 888-834-2261, M-F, 10am-5pm EST, and we'll be happy to take your order information or answer questions. All credit cards and Paypal accepted.
What You Get: The HD quality digital edition of this program is in the universal .mp4 video format which is viewable on all digital devices. (total file size 2.3gb) This digital product has a full money-back guarantee. Total Runtime: 2.5 hours
How do I get my downloads? For detailed instructions on how to use the links and download and view the video files, please visit and read our detailed Download Instruction Page HERE.
NOTE: It is recommended that you download first to a desktop or laptop computer with a fast internet connection first, then transfer the video files to your Ipad, Iphone, or Android device for viewing. IOS and Android devices can only open .zip folders with a helper application, see information below.
1. Select the titles of the download videos you want, add them to your cart, and then check out and pay like with any other product purchase. If you check out and create an account (recommended) then the PDF file download containing your video links will be available instantly after your payment is confirmed and completed. If you check out as a Guest, your PDF file link will included in your order confirmation e-mail that you will get in a few minutes or so. Each video title you purchase will have it's own PDF file containing your unique download links. If you order a download set, the single PDF file will have all of the unique links for each video of the set.
2. Click the unique link in the PDF, the link is active and clickable in your PDF file. If the link does not activate, just cut and paste this link directly into your browser address window and hit enter. Your unique download links are good for about 72 hours so get your files as soon as possible.
• Once this link is clicked and activated, your browser will then go to our video file server and start to download a folder to your computer or device which contains both files Part 1 and Part 2 of the program you have purchased. The link you will see in your browser address window when downloading should look like this: https://s3.amazonaws.com/radcarart/secretsr6.zip
• The folder that you are downloading is in the .zip format, this format helps speed downloading. Remember, each video program is a lot of data, and will take a while to download even on high speed internet connections. This video program is about 750 megabytes in size.
• Once the download is completed, your computer should automatically open and uncompress the .zip folder and its contents, making a folder with the two video .mp4 files in your downloads folder or location where you store downloaded content.
• The high quality .mp4 video files can be viewed in any application that plays digital media content. You should be able to just double click the video file to start it playing in your default media player or open it from your media player application like Itunes, Quicktime, Windows Media Player and other apps. You can also transfer the video files to your phone or tablet for portable viewing.
• If you need to download, open and view the video files from your IOS or Android phone or tablet, get the application WinZip, which will decompress and open the .zip folder contents so you can then save and view the videos. WinZip is available free at the Apple App Store or at the Google Play App store.
Our videos are free of any Digital Rights restrictions so you can view them on any device you own. Your video downloads are for personal use only, please do not share the links or files with others, I really don't want to have to add copy protection in the future.
All Digital Downloads have a no-questions-asked 30 day money back guarantee so you can try them out risk free.
All prices are in USD.